Finally, some good news!
We have been provisionally approved to offer leagues at specific locations, once D.C. moves into Phase 3 of reopening. It looks like the possibility of Fall soccer is on the horizon!
Whether in Phase 2 or Phase 3, you will be able to see what socially distant programs we have available for registration by clicking here.
That said, as things currently stand, there is still no official clearance for league play to move forward. D.C. remains in Phase 2 of reopening, which prohibits organized play due to COVID-19.
We understand that other sports groups in the area are choosing to sell Fall leagues based on these provisional approvals, but we do not feel comfortable doing so until the D.C. government deems conditions are safe and organizations are issued official permits.
Any league being offered for sale in the District at this time does not have an official permit, nor a start date that has been confirmed by the city, or any other private organization. This includes sites on the National Mall.
Provisionally Permitted Leagues for Fall
We’ve provisionally been given clearance to offer leagues at specific locations once D.C. enters Phase 3 of reopening.
Once again, because we are still in Phase 2, no permits have been issued to us (or any other league), yet.
However, we do have confirmation that many locations will be available to us, once Phase 3 permits organized, league play.
Provisional Locations and Times
Brentwood-Hamilton Field – Tuesday from 9-11 PM (NOMA)
Stead Field – Tuesday from 6-9 PM (Dupont)
The Fields at RFK – Tuesday from 8-10 PM (Capitol Hill)
The Fields at RFK – Thursday from 8-10 PM (Capitol Hill)
The Fields at RFK – Sunday from 3-10 PM (Capitol Hill)
Jellef Recreation Center – Sunday from 6-9 PM (Georgetown)
For now, we exclusively plan to offer 7v7 soccer during these available windows.
Other field locations may become available, but at the moment, these are the only sites who have given a go-ahead for use in Phase 3.
Timing of Fall Leagues
We do not have official start dates for any potential programs.
We repeat: Leagues will be offered at these locations if, and only if, D.C. enters into Phase 3 of reopening, and soccer is listed as one of the sports permissible per public health guidelines.
Based on our best information from private and public contacts, start of play is predicted for mid-October on fields controlled by D.C. Parks and Recreation and private organizations.
Fall Registration Process and Dates
1) A full list of league options will be posted will be posted on September 8th. . This will include information on capacity (max number of teams), format (men’s, women’s, coed, all-gender), and skill level (D1, D2, D3 or Open), as well as special COVID-19 rules and guidelines.
2) Once Phase 3 is confirmed, and we are assured league play is possible, registration and start dates will be set and communicated. Upon the opening of registration, teams will have one week to complete their full payment.
3) If full payment is not made within one week, that team’s money will be refunded (minus processing fees) and a team from the league’s Waiting List will be given the spot.
Looking Forward to A New Season
If play is possible in the Fall, we hope that you’ll choose to do so with us.
Our goal is to be as transparent as we can about what league options are on the table, given continuing necessary public health restrictions, due to the lack of firm confirmation on key aspects of the potential season.
We want to avoid the route being taken by other groups: Selling a speculative product that isn’t properly permitted or insured.
We know this may be a lot of information to process, so if you have any questions, please let us know.