Sundress Soccer Tournament Rules
- A maximum of 8 players may be on a team roster. 8 tournament tank tops will be provided per team.
- A minimum of 1 player of the opposite gender must be on the field at all times.
- Players must add themselves to their team roster on the District Sports website by May 4, 2016. Any player who does not do so will not be allowed to participate.
Tournament Check-In Procedures
- Teams should arrive at the field at least 20 minutes before the start of their first match to receive their team’s shirts. The shirts must be worn as the team’s uniform unless special permission has been granted by tournament staff.
- All team players will need to be named on team’s roster and be able to present a picture ID at check-in.
- All games will be self-refereed. Players will call their own fouls and maintain a spirit of fair play/sportsmanship. Tournament staff will observe matches in order to assist with any contentious decisions. Participants are expected to play fairly and resolve all disputes amicably.
- Players, coaches, and spectators are expected to conduct themselves within the spirit District Sports and it’s Player Pledge. Displays of temper or dissent are cause for ejection from the game and surrounding field area.
- Exact tournament format will be set based on final registration numbers.
- 3 points for a win, 1 point for draws, 0 points for a loss.
- Games will be 12 minutes long, with no halftime.
- Playoff rounds will be constructed based on standings after round robin play. In all instances, the first tie-breaker is goal differential, second is goals against, third is head to head. Final tie breaker will be a coin flip
Tournament Rules of Play
FIFAs Laws of the Game will be used as the basis of all rules with the following modifications:
All players must wear proper equipment to play in all matches. Shin guards must be fully covered by proper socks. Any items that have hard plastic or metal parts are considered dangerous and not allowed to be worn during play.
- If a team is unable to field a proper team within 5 minutes of the scheduled start time of the match that team will forfeit the match and the opposing team will be awarded a 3-0 victory. If neither team is able to field a proper team on the field both teams will forfeit the match to be recorded as a 3-0 defeat for each team.
- All tournament matches are 4v4 without goal keepers.
- The field of play has been modified to suit the number of players and field locations. Small portable soccer goals will be used.
- A crease / penalty areas will be marked around the goals. No player, on either team, is allowed to enter the crease before the ball crosses into the area. The restart for infraction of this type will be an indirect free kick.
- Teams are allowed unlimited substitution. Substitutions are on-the-fly.
- First round games may end in ties at the end of regulation play. In subsequent elimination games, ties will be decided in a to be determined manner.
- Slide tackling is not allowed.
- Tournament staff reserves the right to remove any player from the field of play should they determine said individual is playing outside of the spirit of the event. Players will be allowed to continue playing only if they meet conditions set forth by staff.